Most people spend the majority of time planning the actual cremation in cremation services in Grand Junction, CO, but many forget to make a plan for what comes after. There are lots of ways you can make a cremation unique, especially once it’s over. There are lots of classic options after cremation including scattering, inurnment, burial, entombment and more. However, you can also get even more eclectic and unique to your loved by doing things like:
- Order Special Jewelry – Keep your loved one close by placing ashes in cremation or memorial jewelry. People have been placing memories of deceased loved ones in jewelry for centuries. However, modern technology makes it easy to order personalized pieces like lockets, pendants, rings and more filled with small portions of ashes. You can order pre-made pieces online, or have a jewelry maker custom make a piece for you
- Make Glass Art – Cremation ashes can be transformed into glass with the help of professional glass blowers. These artists can take small portions of the deceased’s ashes and create glass art in a range of shapes, colors, and sizes. You can display the art at home on your mantel, or somewhere else special.
- Go Big with Fireworks – Help your loved one go out with a bang with a fireworks display. Some pyrotechnics companies help you scatter your loved one’s ashes by placing them inside fireworks. These incorporated ashes scatter when the fireworks go off, making for a memorable end to a memorial service.
- Build a Diamond – While expensive, this memorial will really last forever. Special companies can extract carbon particles from the cremated ashes and grow a real diamond. You can personalize the color, shape or cut to make the diamond even more unique for the deceased.
- Plant a Tree – Really go green with cremation, and help your deceased loved one continue to give back long after he or she is gone. Buy a biodegradable urn that’s specially made to be buried without any harmful impact on the environment. Plant the Bio Urn with some ashes and seeds inside. The ashes will help nourish the seed until it grows into a beautiful tree people can enjoy for generations to come.
If you need more ideas for what to do after your loved one’s cremation, try and think about the deceased and their interests or unique qualities. Take inspiration from them, to make their cremated remains memorial as respectful and special as it can be. After all, these are just a few of the many, many options for cremation services.
Do you have more questions about what happens after cremation services? Would you like to learn more about Grand Junction, CO cremation services in general? Please reach out to Brown’s Cremation & Funeral Services to learn more. You can visit us at 904 N 7th St Grand Junction, CO 81501, or give us a call at (970) 255-8888 to see what we can do for you in your time of loss.