No one wants to think about his or her own death. However, preplanning for your eventual funeral services in Aspen, CO has a lot of benefits, and these benefits often outweigh the discomfort of thinking about your own death.
Preplanning for your funeral can help both you and your loved ones in many different ways. The benefits of preplanning cremation services include:
- Easing Your Family’s Burden: Let your family know exactly what you want for your cremation so they don’t have to guess what to do after you’re gone, or spend time making painful decisions when they should be grieving with loved ones.
- Making Sure Your Wishes Are Met: Make sure you get the exact cremation and memorial service you want by taking care of the details and clearly laying them out for your friends and family. This way they won’t be able to argue or disagree.
- Creating a Meaningful Service: Memorial and funeral services are an important part of the grieving process, but your loved ones might miss out on the important benefits if they are too busy planning the event. Preplan so they don’t have to.
- Maintaining Self-Reliance: Taking charge of your memorial service allows you to maintain control and independence when you might otherwise lose them. This is good for your mental health at the end of your life, and gives you more self-reliance.
- Financial Responsibility: You can plan for how to cover the funeral costs in advance to make it easier for your family’s bank accounts and stress levels. Look into funeral insurance or funeral trusts to help ensure financial ease for your cremation and service. However, you should not prepay for a cremation.
There are a lot of details that go into a funeral and cremation, but it’s easy to take care of the majority of them in advance. Some of the choices you can make ahead of time for your funeral or cremation include:
- Choose what to do with your remains, from burial and scattering to more non-traditional methods of body disposal like a biodegradable urn or water internment.
- Pick out your memorial theme, like military, religious, or non-traditional.
- Decide between a funeral home or crematory for your and service.
- Detail memorial or funeral specifications like preferred music, desired readings, special decorations and video displays.
- Choose your final resting place. There are a ton of options, but the main ones include: a family plot or mausoleum, columbarium, or cremation urn.
If you want to learn more about why it’s important to preplan your funeral, or how to go about preplanning your funeral services, contact Brown’s Cremation & Funeral Service. We have years of experience with Aspen, CO funeral services, and would love to help you either preplan for your eventual passing, or make arrangements after the recent loss of a loved one. Please pay us a visit at 904 N 7th St Grand Junction, CO 81501, or give us a call at (970) 255-8888 to learn more.