From direct to classic cremations, memorial services or funerals, to whether or not you want a fancy cremation casket, there are lots of different ways you can make a cremation service in Palisade, CO unique. You can also make a cremation unique after the actual cremation is over.
While there are lots of classic options after cremation including scattering, inurnment, burial, entombment and more, you can also get even more eclectic and unique to your loved by doing things like:
- Commission Jewelry – Keep your loved one close by placing ashes in cremation or memorial jewelry. People have been placing memories of deceased loved ones in jewelry for centuries. However, modern technology makes it easy to order personalized pieces like lockets, pendants, rings and more filled with small portions of ashes. You can order pre-made pieces online, or have a jewelry maker custom make a piece for you
- Create Glass Art – Cremation ashes can be transformed into glass with the help of professional glass blowers. These artists can take small portions of the deceased’s ashes and create glass art in a range of shapes, colors, and sizes. You can display the art at home on your mantel, or somewhere else special.
- Shoot Off Fireworks – Help your loved one go out with a bang with a fireworks display. Some pyrotechnics companies help you scatter your loved one’s ashes by placing them inside fireworks. These incorporated ashes scatter when the fireworks go off, making for a memorable end to a memorial service.
- Order A Diamond – While expensive, this memorial will really last forever. Special companies can extract carbon particles from the cremated ashes and grow a real diamond. You can personalize the color, shape or cut to make the diamond even more unique for the deceased.
- Plant a Tree – Really go green with cremation, and help your deceased loved one continue to give back long after he or she is gone. Buy a biodegradable urn that’s specially made to be buried without any harmful impact on the environment. Plant the Bio Urn with some ashes and seeds inside. The ashes will help nourish the seed until it grows into a beautiful tree people can enjoy for generations to come.
These are just a few of the many different options for after cremation services. If you need more ideas or need help narrowing down your options, think about the deceased and their interests or unique qualities. Take inspiration from them, to make their cremated remains memorial as respectful and special as it can be.
If you want to learn more about what to do with cremains post cremation, or about cremation services in general, Brown’s Cremation & Funeral Service is here to help. You can visit us at 904 N 7th St Grand Junction, CO 81501, or give us a call at (970) 255-8888 for more information on our Palisade, CO cremation services and what we can do for you in your time of loss.